Finance Manager and Planning Analysis
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Barrow as a Finance Manager and Planning Analysis.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to complete monthly management reporting- making sure everything has been put through correctly. Plenty of cash management with Project Accountants and Financial Shared Services.Key Responsibilities
- Monthly Management Reporting - Ensuring the forecast for all UK projects for key salients are understood, challenged and correctly reported
- Responsible for the integrity of the General Ledger and associated controls
- Production and management of the Weapon Systems (UK) Integrated Business Plan
- Cash Management - Liaison with Project Accountants and Financial Shared Services (FSS), with challenge, to ensure robust forecasts - weekly, monthly, annually.
- Cost Base - Working closely with Cost Centre heads/Budget Holders within the function to produce accurate and timely monthly management accounts and other reporting including Profit & Loss, Variance analysis, Headcount, Rates (MOD and DOD) and Risks & Opportunities
- Ensure robust financial controls are in place and managed in line with BAE Systems policies
Key skills & qualifications
- External Audit - Support the external audit to ensure compliance
What we're looking for in you
- Fully qualified Charted Accountant with at least 3 years PQE
- Working knowledge of SAP/Hyperion is essential
- Previous experience of monthly reporting is essential
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills for data manipulation and presentation
- Understanding of Project Accounting and the impact on the financials is desirable
- Understanding of the MoD accounting processes is desirable
- Ability to ensure a culture of Safety focus exists within the team
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.Location
: £45.00 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94512217