A busy and expanding fabrication workshop are looking for Workshop Team Leaders with a background in sheet metal and fabrication covering tanks, vessels and pipework.
As a Workshop Team Leaders you should have a strong background within fabrication, welding and sheet metal work. Ideally you will come from a bespoke manufacturing background and have experience of working with a wide variety of products including Architectural Metal Work, Tanks/Vessels or Pipework.Workshop Team Leader Requirements:
Workshop Team Leader Responsibilities:
- City & Guilds / Apprenticeship or NVQ in fabrication / welding or Mechanical Engineering (Essential)
- Must be able to read and understand engineering and isometric drawings, have experience in welding and fabrication and be familiar with piping standards and specifications
- Experience working on Pipework including anything from ¼ "- 24"
- Experience working on Tanks including HSAF, PCF, FLOC, Inlet and Splitter Tanks
- A comprehensive understanding of the health, safety, and environmental requirements of leading a team in an industrial fabrication facility is required
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with customers and suppliers
- Strong proven experience in leadership within a fabrication environment
- Working knowledge of specifications and procedures for the water industry, would be an advantage
- Responsible for fabrication and welding activities in the workshop
- To liaise with the Workshop Manager to control and organise the activities of the workshop
- Maintain efficiency (productivity) at levels agreed with Workshop Manager
- Ensure that each Fabricator / Welder / Fitter is attaining consistent high standards of quality and output
- Ensure safe working practices and operating procedures are being followed and positive behaviours encouraged
- Set examples of good housekeeping
If you are interested in this Workshop Team Leader opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.