Starting Off are a training and recuitment company specialsing in office based apprenticeships. We have been running since 1989 and have build an excellent repuation in this time. Our values are Support, Honesty, Ambition, Passion and Excellence.
Due to growth we are now looking for another trainer to add to the friendly team.
Operations ManagerJob Purpose
To deliver apprenticeship training programmes for office based apprenticeship standards to ensure this is in line with the Awarding Body standards and complies with ESFA requirements.Key ActivitiesAccount Manager- Delivering apprenticeship standards
- To effectively initial assess learners to measure existing vocational skills prior to delivery
• Set clear goals and targets to create a plan tailored to individuals' needs
• Establish positive working relationships with apprentices and employers
• Inspire, motivate and raise apprentices' aspirations through their passion for the sector.
• Deliver workshop/online training to groups of learners, along with 1:1 assessment.
• Challenge and develop apprentice's knowledge, skills and behaviours to enable them to achieve the best performance results.
• Tracking and reporting progress of planned learning to achieve end-point assessment
• Providing observational and specific feedback, encouraging the apprentice to self-assess their performance and readiness for achievement
• Support and maintain the quality assurance process for assessment, training and verification purposes in line with Starting Off policies and all related Awarding Body procedures and guidelines
• Ensure best practices and be aware of Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities
• Embed Safeguarding, Prevent, British Values, Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety throughout the learner's programme
- Identify new apprenticeship opportunities
- Participate in standardisation
- Maintain CPD - minimum of 30 hours a year (pro-rata)
- Promote the services and courses offered by the business
- Support the management team with internal marketing and content
This job description is not exhaustive, other duties commensurate with the post maybe required from time to time, which are not shown here. It will also be used as a basis for the determination of objectives and performance required. Person SpecificationSkills
Competencies and Values
- Professional and occupational knowledge of the relevant qualification being delivered. Evidence of a minimum of three years' practical, on the job experience for the standards that they are delivering or experience in teaching.
- High levels of organisational skills.
- Ability to be self-directed with initiative and to be able to solve practical problems with limited supervision.
- Commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of young person's and/or vulnerable adults.
- Ability to deal promptly and effectively with inappropriate behaviour in the workplace/learning environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to develop and sustain good working relationships.
- A strong commitment to Equality and Diversity and how it affects the workplace/learning environment.
- Possess Full UK Licence & own transport essential
- Knows how the business works and how their role fits within it
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers and implementing new delivery models for apprenticeship standards
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations for internal and external customers
Decision and Problem solving
- Making effective decisions and finding solutions to problems