Contracts Manager - Procurement Contracts - Legal
My client, a global pharma organisation is looking to fill several 6 months opportunities based in Chester (remote working for the time being). These are fixed term assignments paying £52000 per annum.
The EMEA Manager Contracting will collaborate across Europe, Canada, Middle East and Africa to implement procurement contract strategy across various categories. This includes conducting contract facilitation, coordinate redlines and negotiations with legal and other stakeholders as well as suppliers.
The EMEA Manager Contracting will focus on bringing contracting expertise and innovative solutions, which deliver value, manage risk and accelerate the pace of our businesses.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Conduct contract facilitation process for a define scope
o Review key agreements and contracts reviewed to protect and advance the company's interests
o Identify Template and complete any required pre-transactional steps and prior endorsement, with appropriate risk assessment due diligence
o Coordinate redlines and negotiations with legal and other stakeholders as well as suppliers:
• Spot issues
• Negotiate business terms and collaborate, coordinate and be able to explain risks and implications of contract terms to the business and other stakeholders.
• Review, redline and understand contract language, risks and implications of such language.
• Execute contracts in a timely method with appropriate legal support to ensure compliance with company standards.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enable the procurement contracting process and ensure excellence in contract management
o Provide additional guidance on:
• Template identification, issue spotting, redlining as appropriate
• Required pre-transactional steps and prior endorsement, with appropriate risk assessment due diligence
• Ensure appropriate written guidelines are followed and/or SME input is obtained throughout the process (eg, privacy, finance, international and domestic taxation, customs and trade, information security, systems quality, software asset management, and other SMEs)How to identify and escalate any contractual risks from third-party agreements in accordance to the Risk Management Framework
o Ensure understanding of roles & responsibilities across functions and act a point of escalation for Sourcing Excellence ('SE') to interface with Strategy, Process & Capabilities, Legal, and other relevant stakeholders (e.g., Compliance, Audit, etc.,) regarding contracting and Procurement policy and related International operational questions
• Fluent in English, any additional language is a plus.
• B.S./B.A. or LLB or equivalent degree
• Legal training/qualification/experience e.g. JD or M.A. or M.S in contract management or paralegal
• Minimum 5years of relevant experience including strong redlining, drafting, reviewing and negotiating of procurement / business contracts (preferably in Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences industries or other regulated industries)
• Experience of a contracting management system (Ariba)
• Experience managing cross-functional and/or global teams of contracting and / or procurement professionals and in establishing performance expectations
• Internal stakeholder management, process redesign and continuous improvement expertise, project management and performance measurement skills
• Procurement process knowledge, contract management, Understanding of legal terms vs. business terms
• Recognizing, identifying and being able to explain business and legal risks and their implications.
Please apply for immediate review