Would you like to work for a family run organisation who have the edge? Office based role - 8:30 - 5:30 Mon - FriSalary : 24-25k + Quarterly bonus25 days holidayPension package after 3 monthsFriendly, family owned organisation
Reed are so excited to share this opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join this fantastic firm based North Bristol
You will be responsible for the day-to-day financial administration of the company to include purchasing, supplier contracts, invoicing and book-keeping as directed by finance manager.
Your role will include :
- Producing and distribution of the nightly figures report by 10am daily, ensure this is completed with full accuracy in a timely manner.
- Print the Invoices from the Transaction Center and enter them into the system thus booking into Scala.
- Sales Ledger: Process the daily invoices ensuring 100% accuracy, upload invoices onto the customer portals where necessary and ensure this is completed within 24 hours of an invoice being raised. Ensure cash allocation is accurate and in line with customers remittances, general housekeeping of customer accounts is maintained, ensure customers adhere to payment T & C's, where this doesn't happen ensure to follow company process
- Cash Book: Process all receipts, cheques and credit card receipts - perform allocation to outstanding invoices, also to process all payments out to both Purchase Ledger and General Ledger. Bank reconciliation on a weekly basis.
- Payments: Ensure statement is reconciled and balanced and payments are made within a timely manner.
- Audit: Assist the Finance Manager in compiling the files required for the annual audit.
- Purchasing: Purchase of nonstock products and services for the business ensuring best possible purchase prices with a view of reducing current costs.
- Purchase Ledger: Process daily any supplier invoices that are received into the department, ensuring this completed accurately within a timely manner, ensure purchases are matched with PO's and relevant documentation such as delivery notes are matched with the invoices. General housekeeping of supplier accounts is maintained. Supplier payments are processed in line with suppliers T&C's, and cash is allocated correctly.
What they are looking for ;
- Demonstrate good reasoning, attention to detail and curious investigation skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment, as well as an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- The ability to complete tasks to a strict deadline.
- Must have a can-do attitude and be agile in their approach to work with the ability to flip from task to task quickly.
- To be passionate about providing excellent service to both internal colleagues, customer and service providers.
- Must do what they say they are going to do.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of providing efficiency gains.
- Must be organised and practical with a professional manner and appearance.
- Must be discreet, reliable and dependable of the highest integrity
Please get in touch if you feel this role is for you