QuantSpark is an innovative boutique strategic analytics consultancy based in London. Our hybrid team combines the best of strategy consulting, data analytics and product development to deliver creative and impactful solutions to public and private sector clients. We go beyond the remit of traditional strategy consultancies by deploying advanced data analytics and software engineering capabilities to build bespoke tools that deliver long-lasting value - the tools and solutions we create become embedded in our clients' daily operations. Our ever-growing client base consists of FTSE 100 retailers, prestigious Private Equity houses and governments.
As a Senior Analyst at QuantSpark, you will be joining a team of collaborative, entrepreneurial, and enthusiastic analysts who are laser-focused on providing commercial impact. We're a small but super-effective team so in particular we look out for Analysts who have entrepreneurial flair and an ability to understand what's important for our clients.
Our work spans a broad range of clients from the private and public sectors including one of the UK's largest supermarkets, a fashion retailer, a strategic communications agency, Google, Young Enterprise, and the United Nations.
While our approach to supporting smarter decisions is industry-agnostic, most of our work involves analysing large datasets and complex systems within the context of optimising customer behaviour for retailers and portfolio companies owned by private equity funds. The breadth of the support we provide our clients covers strategic planning, sales, marketing, and their own product development. Some recent questions we've been asked to tackle include:
- "We want to maximise gross profit within 18 months, should we double our online marketing spend to £10m in order to achieve this?"
- "How can we understand customer missions at each of our nationwide stores and adjust store space accordingly?"
- "Where will Universal Credit rollout happen over the next 12 months and how will that affect rental arrears?"
We welcome applications from anyone with a track-record of super-powering decisions with data to have practical impact. We're looking for people with a creative and robust approach to solving problems with experience of managing small teams of Analysts.
Some of our recent modelling and development work includes:
- Analysing 1bn+ annual transactions to build a tool for a UK supermarket to help them decide how much space to allocate to their 1,500+ stores
- Developing an ROI system to understand effectiveness of £5m+ of social media advertising campaigns
- Building an automated marketing segmentation model to nudge millions of customers
- Developing terrorist content algorithms to detect propaganda and work with internet platforms to tackle this content
- Creating automated dashboards to help a private equity fund understand the performance of its B2C portfolio companies
- Developing a location intelligence model to inform social impact communications campaigns
So who are we looking for? You will have a range of analytical, commercial, and interpersonal qualities including:
- Analytical ability - bringing to bear brainpower to analyse complex scenarios
- Attention to detail - demanding the very highest standards of quality
- Technical creativity - applying intellectual dexterity to unusual problems
- Grit - encouraging others through your "can-do" attitude
- Desire to learn - striving to learn and to teach others
- Communication - articulating yourself with precision and nous
- Confidence - showing leadership with teams and with clients
- Experience of managing small teams of Analysts and Data Scientists
- Experience in strategy consultancy, or in an in-house strategy / analytics position within industry such as a retailer
- Demonstrable proficiency in SQL and one of R or Python
- Strong MS Excel skills, with VBA being a plus
- Experience configuring BI tools (and ETL processes in general)
- Understanding machine learning approaches
- Writing client deliverables such as reports and presentations
- Generous monthly training & conference budget
- Hybrid working and work from abroad policy
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Pension contribution scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Social impact / pro bono data science and development projects
- Top-notch kit with high-end Macs standard for everyone
- Monthly socials and dinners
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.