We are looking to appoint an experienced Senior IT professional to join QinetiQ's leadership team during a time of significant period of growth. As we continue to expand our footprint within existing defence clients and increase our footprint into new public sector and commercial sectors, we are looking to speak with technical and strategic leaders, able to take a central role within a number of complex cutting edge projects.
In this role, you will work on a number of high profile IT virtualisation based projects, shaping the engineering delivery strategy and engineering vision for next generation technical solutions, with oversight for the delivery / architecture of the projects and leading customer relationships with senior stakeholders & partner organisations, as well as work with wider business areas to assist in the development of new capabilities.
Key responsibilities will Include:
- Effectively communicating Programme and Solution Objectives, Delivery requirements to all engineering teams
- Providing Engineering direction by defining and delivering a progressive roadmap of engineering activities.
- Working with Programme and Project Management Teams to ensure that engineering deliverables are achieved on time, to budget and are of acceptable functionality and quality, aligned to the VVRM.
- Coordinating all Engineering Initiatives captured through Programme Engineering Planning, using the appropriate Product Management and Engineering delivery teams, as organisationally assigned
- Provision of line management, resource management, and technical leadership for large group of multi-disciplinary engineers to ensure that suitably skilled capabilities are effectively assigned to all development activities.
- Support and advice to continuous improvement in engineering capability; people, processes, practices, tools and technology.
We are interested in speaking with Senior IT professionals, able to demonstrate successful delivery on complex, large scale secure IT Hardware and Software programmes, utilising emerging technologies where possible. You will have strong management skills, able to oversee large multidisciplinary teams and be able to engage senior stakeholders up to board level.
Above all you will have a passion for technology and delivery world class solutions to clients, able to produce technical roadmaps that deliver on price, quality and expectations.
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges. You'll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you'll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You'll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what's happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.