Robertson Bell are pleased to be working with a NHS organisation, based in North West London, to recruit an Interim Head of Financial and Capital Accounts on a 3-6 month contract. The hiring manager is looking for someone to attend the offices 5 days a week during peak times but will be flexible around working from home during off-peak times.Specific responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the financial and capital accounting teams and overseeing their work.
- Oversee the cash management function.
- Production of the annual accounts and working papers.
- Liaise with auditors during the interim and annual audits.
- Be the point of contact for VAT queries across the organisation for both revenue and capital.
- Production of annual and long-term capital plans.
- Take ownership of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Be a fully or part qualified accountant and have experience of working in the NHS at a senior level, ideally within a Trust.
- Have experience in managing a team.
- Have a good understanding of NHS capital regime and NHS VAT regime.
This role falls Inside IR35, and the successful candidate will be paid through an umbrella company.