New Job - Energy Trainee Underwriter
Must have experience working in the Energy spaceReputable Lloyd's SyndicateSalary £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience City of London, Office based jobJob Summary:
Arthur Financial is partnered with a reputable Lloyd's syndicate to recruit a Trainee Underwriter for their global energy team. Based in the City of London and Lloyd's, this opportunity offers crystal clear progression to becoming an Underwriter in a short space of time.
My client is seeking a sharp and driven candidates preferably with prior underwriting experience in the Lloyd's Energy market. The portfolio you will work on has grown exponentially and the team has set ambitious growth targets to hit in the future.
You will support the Senior Underwriter in writing a mixed book of midstream, downstream and nuclear energy risks produced from worldwide territories. This is truly an outstanding opportunity for a young professional working within the Lloyd's Energy market to kick on and progress towards becoming an Underwriter. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist underwriters at the box, including scanning documents to the system.
- Set up references for new & renewal accounts.
- Make sure all risks are actioned accordingly in the underwriting system
- Accuracy checking & write up notes before UW sign-off.
- Save any relevant documents to the system
- Create partial lists as the month end approaches
- Assist Data Quality with any slip/ endorsement/ contract certainty queries.
- Assist late payment reports/ EPI queries to maintain credit control and compliance.
- Rate each account in rating model & send off for Cat modelling, if required, before setting up the account structure in PPM.
- Liaise with the modelling team regarding pricing.
- Check & sign-off the quarterly RDS returns.
- Ensure the effective development of client/ broker relationships.
- Manage all queries in a professional and efficient manner
- Actively seek out new opportunities to develop new and existing client relationships.
- Attend client meetings as appropriate.
- Build effective relationships with own peer group within the market to ensure continued growth and links with brokerages at all levels.
For more information please get in touch ASAP or