RM Recruit are working with a growing Research and Development organisation to recruit a Finance Business Partner for their established finance team. A true business partnering opportunity, this newly created post will provide a key link between finance and management, acting as a true business partner in the provision of value-add analysis and insights to influence commercial decision-making. In particular, this position will specifically support departmental & grant budgeting processes, quarterly reforecasting and the development of flash MI reporting.
Your remit will include, but not be limited to:
- The production reports and providing analysis and insight, linking financial information to business strategies and targets particularly against grant funding agreements
- Development of an effective commercial and value for money strategy
- Acting as a key contributor to commercial decision making with the senior leadership team
- Building, developing and maintaining relationships with key senior managers and members of a range of departments
- Fulfilling project-based work for specific projects and initiatives
- Ensuring excellent financial governance is established and maintained and the continuous identification of risks
The organisation can offer Hybrid working (2/3 days office based), a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to make a huge impact in a body that has tripled its headcount over the last 2 -3 years. They are seeking fully qualified candidates who can demonstrate proven finance business partner experience and who thrive in the day to day challenges of dealing with highly technical, non-finance colleagues and directors. Sector background is not important but you must be confident of working in an SME setting and possess the ability to see the 'bigger picture'