Senior Application Support Engineer
We have a new requirement for an Application Support Engineer
primarily responsible Microsoft Dynamics 365
alongside other internal business applications.
As Senior Application Support Engineer
you will provide issue resolution, advice and perform necessary configuration and maintenance tasks across Microsoft Dynamics 365,
other 3rd party applications as well as for internal bespoke software. You will provide support for the business in relation to these 3rd party systems, fulfilling stakeholder requirements where changes for the platform are required.
The role of Senior Application Support Engineer
- Diagnose and resolve issues with applications and software, whether these are technical or related to the underlying customer account, involving detailed investigation into databases, API layers and app/web logic.
- Support users through common Dynamics processes, such as raising invoices and receipting.
- Configure the D365 platform as required to meet business needs and requirements and apply platform updates from Microsoft when necessary.
- Perform technical triage on issues reported to the Service Desk through Jira Service Manager (JSM) and escalated by 1st/2nd line support where identified as being application/software problems.
- Contribute to building and maintaining a knowledge base of problems and resolutions so that repeated issues can be quickly identified and corrected.
- Monitor and report on application and platform performance, customer trends and behaviours through tools such as Grafana.
- Follow the appropriate processes to ensure that code is released in a controlled and secure manner.
- Act as a technical lead in a team or on more complicated projects or as a product/platform specialist.
The role would suite someone current within a technical support role with exposure to Microsoft Dynamics 365
Having experience of the following would be a distinct advantage:
- Experience in a software engineering or application/technical support role.
- Knowledge of at least one coding language and how to apply this to investigating issues raised by users, preferably multiple languages.
- Comfortable assuming the role of technical lead in specific areas such as corporate applications.
- Expert knowledge of customer accounts and structure of information in CRM and other internal databases and applications.
- Understanding of source code management and the code release process.
- An understanding of Azure, AWS and cloud-hosted platforms.
This high profile company is the Southampton area but can be worked fully remote.
The company benefits include: Salary up to £55,000, 15% Bonus, Pension, 25 days holiday, Health Care, Cycle to Work, Childcare Vouchers and more!
To apply for the Senior Application Support Engineer
role please forward your CV to or call Patrick on .