My client is a leading IT recruitment consultancy based in the heart of the city business district in London, an award winning business they were recently recognised in a national awards for best businesses to work for in the UK. Established in 2000 they number some 100 personnel based across London and European offices.
Due to company growth they are now seeking to add to their busy Operations function with a Senior Compliance Officer to join a Compliance team of 4 people. The Compliance & Payments department is responsible for negotiating, drafting and reviewing commercial contracts, processing timesheets and making payments to contractors. The aim is to ensure the risk to the company is minimal, to ensure compliance with the law at all times and make payments accurately and on time.Reporting directly to the head of Compliance and Payments the role will entail:
You will need the following experience:
- Supporting the Compliance & Payments Administrators, and Manager, by delivering a high quality customer focused service to internal and external clients.
- Investigating and responding to complex queries.
- Ensuring contractors have returned all relevant documents necessary to authorise payments; checking for discrepancies in information provided and responding appropriately within agreed timescales.
- Creating full contracts and complex contractual documentation.
- Signing off contract documentation, placements, extension deals, re-issues and end of contract paperwork for administrators.
- Creating Perm Terms, Framework Agreements, and reviewing client amendment requests.
- Providing information to Clients' following audit requests.
- Assisting with training the team on reports, processes and procedures.
- Ad-hoc project work & such other tasks as may be required to increase the teams' efficiency or following new/amended legislation.
- Being involved in sending and checking the weekly/monthly payment runs' (including batching, checking and finalising the timesheets and invoices.
- Essential that you have worked in a compliance role for a Recruitment Business/Consultancy for 2-3 years
- Specific knowledge of Recruitment terms of business, contracts and onboarding contractors is essential.
- Payments - experience of processing of time sheets and manging payment runs and invoicing is highly desirable although training can be provided
- Knowledge of IR35 is again highly desirable
- It would be ideal if you have knowledge of the contractual and legal implications of placing contractors within Europe.
- This is an award winning business recognised as one of the best to work for in the UK.
- There are recent changes within the Compliance and Payments function that have resulted in the necessity for a new hire and this will provide a superb basis for future career progression.
- There are excellent perks including free meals, annual and bi-annual awards and company parties, private healthcare and free gym membership
- Lap top and mobile phone provided
- Full remote access with allowance to work remotely up to 4 days a week upon completion of probation.
To learn more about this role please apply now or contact MaxAbrahams at Squid Ink Solutions