Randstad are recruiting for a Mechanical Designer, within the Custom Engineering group, for a client based in Clevedon. This is a contract role.
As part of our client's drive towards improving product quality, they are looking to employ a Designer to support development, improve common assemblies, production support as well as support component obsolescence and fault resolution on released products.
- Drawing using CATIA or SolidWorks
- Undertake work to progress ECN's
- Investigation of ECN, resolution of issue, contact suppliers, document and draw corrections.
- Provide drawings to mechanical engineers within the group
- Specification, component selection and design of sub-assemblies
- Design calculations in support of design (hand and FEA calculations)
- Preparation of technical construction documents
- Creation of bill of materials
- Development of test specifications
- Support production
- Field support
- Minimum of an Engineering Degree with 2-5 years experience within a Design role
The successful candidate will be required to be on site 5 days a week.
The contract is inside of IR35 and will pay £25-£30/hour PAYE or £32-£35/hour Umbrella.
If you are interested, please make an application at your earliest convenience.
Randstad Technologies is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.