Finance CoordinatorLocation: Remote WorkingHours: Full timeContract: PermanentSalary: £30,465 per annumHours 37.5 hours per weekBenefits: We offer an extensive list of employee benefits, including but not limited to; company pension, generous annual leave allowance and discount at our shops and restaurants.
Research in Practice works with a range of organisations working to support vulnerable children, young people and adults across the UK, supporting them to develop an evidence-informed approach to their work. We support the workforce in these organisations to use evidence from research and practice to improve practice, policy and services in order to achieve positive outcomes for people of all ages. We are renowned in children's services and the adult social care sector, for providing high-quality learning events and resources.About the role:
We are recruiting a Finance Coordinator to provide management and oversight of finance processes, ensuring a focus on efficiency, consistency, quality and value for money for Research in Practice. You will be responsible for financial reporting, and for leading on the development, implementation and continuous improvement of our finance processes. This is an exciting role in a future focused organisation, where you will gain a wide range of experience and skills.Key responsibilities:
- Providing accurate and timely financial information to the Leadership Team to support Research in Practice in achieving its strategic objectives
- Reviewing current finance processes, revising and developing new processes as business needs change
- Supporting our strategic business planning and income generation activity
- Working with colleagues, provide the Leadership Team with accurate, evidence-informed recommendations to improve our financial functioning, developing robust data sets and informing future financial planning
- Actively supporting staff to develop their financial, developing and delivering training and support as required
- Line managing staff with finance responsibilities, supporting their personal and professional development
- Preparing, monitoring and managing budgets, and exercising financial controls across a portfolio of projects and programmes
- Working with the Finance Team at Dartington Hall Trust to ensure that processes align, and effective relationships support the smooth running of Research in Practice
We are looking for someone with strong financial management expertise, who has experience in, and an excellent understanding of how to develop and improve robust finance systems and processes. Ideally, you will have worked in a similar type of role previously, will have a strong values base and commitment to the work of Research in Practice, and will be committed to personal and professional development.Specific skills include:
Closing date: Midday on Monday 20 September 2021.
- knowledge of, and experience in applying, management accounting rules and processes
- excellent skills in working with the Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel
- the ability to manage a complex programme of work and manage both internal and external relationships with a high degree of autonomy
- experience of line managing and developing people, preferably with some matrix management experience
Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams on Thursday 23 September 2021.To Apply and for More Information:If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website.
No agencies please.