We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced SEN Keyworker to provide high-quality service in regards to pupils with Special Educational Needs at the London Borough of Islington.
Your main responsibilities will be:
· Meeting children with complex needs and families to identify needs of all family members.
· Acting as a single point of regular and consistent contact for children and their families.
· Supporting children and families to access the services they need and provide practical and emotional support.
· To liaise with the Islington Virtual School and other local authorities regarding children with statements of SEN.
· To liaise with parents, other local authorities and schools to secure appropriate school places for children.
· To maintain accurate information and data on children with statements of SEN.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Relevant experience at an appropriate level of working with children, young people and their families, preferably in an educational setting.
· Has knowledge and understanding of 'London Child Protection Procedures' and 'Working Together to Safeguard Children.`
· Understanding the educational and broader needs of children with SEN and disabilities.
· Ability to communicate tactfully, sensitively and helpfully.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and a desire to put things right, we would love to hear from you. Please apply today!