Working for a global Software Design company based in Cambridge we are looking for a Lead Cloud Security Engineer until March 2022.
- Lead Cloud Security Engineer
- £500 per day - Inside IR35 (potentially negotiable on this rate)
- 6 months (or until 31st March 2022)
- Role based in Cambridge (with remote working available)
You will help the company and it's partners build outstanding products using ground breaking techniques ensuring that it's operating and delivered securely. The engineering platform is key to the business, with the infrastructure having a profound impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of the development teams.
As a Lead Cloud Security Engineer within Technology Operations Services Group (TOSG), you will act as an authority specifically focused on cloud security, automation, audit and monitoring technologies to the engineering community within the business.
In this role you will actively lead and contribute to establish new SecOps process, identify improvements and efficiency's, while utilising new technologies and existing tools as we build our multi-cloud platform securely.
This will be achieved through build, integrate, testing and support activities, including but not limited to:
- Represent Cloud Enablement team as part of wider strategic security projects, providing operational expertise and contributing to the project planning and delivery across various scales of development of new cloud security capabilities
- Actively work on security incident management, change assessments, vulnerability management, security monitoring, key management, managing waivers/exceptions among other domains
- Assist with the design of new security tools/services in a multi-cloud platform environment
- Build and handle relationships with our Technical Architecture, Enterprise Security, key business partners and external suppliers to enable the ongoing delivery of an effective end-to-end security capability
- Contribute to the production of regular security reports ensuring the data is meaningful and appropriate actions are taken as a result of that
- Run cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Solve security incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures
TOSG provides the high-performance compute environment that fuels product and solution development for the businesses engineering community. Whether its high-performance compute on our infrastructure or in the cloud, through Electronic Design Automation (EDA), or bespoke software tools and workflows, the services and products we deliver are used by every engineer!
TOSG is key contributor to our engineering transformation program - a multiyear, global initiative to change the way we serve our customers: the hardware and software engineers. The incorporation of a mature and quality cloud infrastructure is crucial to the success of this transformation and will deliver our change. To achieve this, you will build and balance effective relationships with others.