Financial Controller - Group Accounts Sheffield/ Hybrid £43,000 to £45,000 plus benefits
My client is a leading fast growing organisation based in Sheffield looking to recruit an experienced technically strong accountant to join their group accounts team. The role can be done as a hybrid role partly from the office in Sheffield and partly from home. Reporting to the Financial Control Senior Manager, you will support in the preparation of statutory accounts and interim accounts for the Group.The Role
- Preparation of statutory accounts for the Group companies and entities outside of the group as required
- Undertaking IFRS 9 classification assessments for all financial assets and liabilities for reporting and disclosure purposes
- Providing support to the Financial Control and Governance Senior manager in ensuring the Group's accounting policies are fully documented
- Identification and delivery of change to strengthen controls; encourage a culture of continuous improvement
- You will hold a professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA) or equivalent.
- It is likely you will be working in practice and looking for that first move into industry , or be a Financial Accountant with technical accounting exposure looking for the next step.
- The role is varied and give exposure to wide variety of accounting issues.
- You will demonstrate experience in International Financial reporting standards and experience of the production of consolidated financial statements.
- Excellent role in an ever changing organisation