Special Education Teacher - East London
Special Education Teacher
- Are you a mainstream teacher with a passion for SEN?
- Are you an SEN teacher who wishes to further their career in SEN?
- Are you passionate about SEN and working with young people with special needs?
£150-£180 per day depending on experience
We are looking for qualified teachers who have experience of working with moderate to severe learning difficulties or of working in a mainstream school setting.
Key areas we are looking for SEN teachers are in the boroughs of Newham, Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Waltham Forest, Redbridge, Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich, Lewisham.
You will need to have excellent interpersonal skills, and enjoy dealing with parents, colleagues, members of allied agencies and of course our pupils.
It is essential only qualified teachers apply, who can support the educational and emotional development of pupils with complex SEN. You will need to have an awareness of sensory processing and understanding of different communication strategies, learning activities, which are differentiated to meet the needs of the pupils in their group and complete formative and summative assessment as appropriate.The ideal candidate will:
Does this sound like the job for you?If so, apply today! Please apply here or email with a copy of your most recent CV. Alternatively, call for more information.Academics are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- Have QTS
- Have experience working full-time as an SEN primary/secondary teacher in the UK
- Be committed to the school and students
- Passionate about teaching
- Be computer literate
- Confident working as part of a team and on your own
- Experience in working with challenging behaviour
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information