Assistant Management Accountant Location: GloucestershireContract Type: 12-month Fixed Term ContractRequired Salary: £28,250The Company
Exciting opportunity in the Service IndustryThe Opportunity
Undertaking a wide variety of tasks to help to provide full and timely accounts to all divisions of the Group.
Tasks will include:
- Cash management including ordering of floats, organising collection and deliveries of cash to multiple sites with full reconciliation of movements.
- Daily update and maintenance of the cash flow forecast, ensuring it is kept relevant by linking in with Divisional leads to acquire information.
- Management of card credit administration with the bank, to include new card issues, change of limits or new PIN issues.
- Completion of the Holdings credit card monthly submission and journal
- Prepare and upload the weekly payroll journal
- Review and reconcile to the bank PDQ submissions and set up of payment proposal.
- Preparation of month-end management accounts.
Tasks will include:
- Posting prepayment releases and identifying new accruals.
- Review of the results and if necessary, generate correcting or additional journals.
- Provide support, commentary, and constructively challenge the department heads on the monthly results.
- Assist in the creation on budgets, forecasts, and other reporting requirements, along with the heads of departments.
- Create full balance sheet reconciliations for review, providing adjustments for any unreconciled entries.
- Preparation and submission of the VAT returns
- Assess current processes, identifying and implementing improvements to generate efficiencies.
- Responsible for any audit requests and submission of evidence
- Monitor submission of Statutory filing and raise concerns, as necessary.
- Fully AAT qualified or QBE.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a varied and shared role, managing time and tasks efficiently to meet all deadlines.
- Fully ICT literate and competent in Excel, with the ability to manipulate data from multiple sources for analysis and presentation to manager.
- High level of numeracy and literacy.
- Organised thought process, good presentation skills and ability to express financial information clearly to non-financial colleagues.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective business and customer relationships.
- Fully competent and conversant in use of Sage 50 accounts with proven experience in terms of entering data and producing reports.
- Experience of working within a Group of companies.
- Full UK driving licence.
For further information, please contact Rhian Mountjoy