We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client Lloyds Banking Group is a leading UK based financial services group providing a wide range of banking and financial services, focused on personal and commercial customers. Lloyds Banking Group support a culture of Inclusion and opportunities to develop to become the Bank of the future and Helping Britain Prosper.
On behalf of Lloyds Banking Group, AMS are looking for a Actuary
for a 3 month contract
based remotely. Purpose of the Role:
As a Actuary you will be responsible for:
- The role will involve producing audit standard methodology documents for previously developed and approved IFRS17 methodology. It will involve taking existing documentation and consolidating these in an efficient manner to produce methodology documents that meet the needs of the users, which will include our auditors and BAU reporting teams. The role will involve developing an appropriate format for the documents that are efficient to product and meet the needs of the users.
What we require from the candidate:
- Knowledge of reporting of Life Insurance business
- A part qualified actuary - though we would also consider an accountant or business analysis with the skills and capabilities
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Analytical thinker, able to consolidate a number of sources of documentation to produce accurate, up to date and clear methodology documents and identifying where gaps in documentation exist and working to fill these
Lloyds Banking Group will only accept workers operating via an Umbrella or PAYE engagement model. If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
- Excellent communication skills - written communication especially
- Creative thinker - most efficient way to write the documents
- Actuarial student - not essential that they have an actuarial background
- Insurance accounting, BA's
- Some knowledge of IFRS17 but not essential
- Broad knowledge of insurance products
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business