Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km's of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. What you will be doing
Ventures is tasked with creating additional customer and shareholder value through the commercialisation of new and existing services, knowledge, and assets from within the regulated Thames Water Utilities (UK's largest water company) and non-regulated markets.
Ventures finance team is looking for a bright, inquisitive, and motivated Finance Manager,
who is aspiring and able to help us manage a successful new business unit, responsible for planning to deliver £1bn business in free cash flow terms, and £500m net present value, over a 20-year horizon.
The role will work closely with project managers and directors of the business unit to deliver best in class performance management process and continuously improve our performance. This will include development and preparation of month end reporting, planning, forecasting and preparation of board monthly packs. Finance holds responsibility for preparation of economic analysis and financial models and the post holder will be required to prepare numerous of economic models on ad-hoc basis using economic evaluation methodology.
As we develop new financial structures the post holder will own important elements of preparation and implementation of new funding structures and be responsible for delivery of complex study to allow its implementation.
The Finance Manager will need a proven ability to prioritise and manage a diverse workload, work with senior stakeholders, to deliver the results expected.
We are looking for someone with not only the passion and ability to work in a business start-up environment and prepared to get involved and deliver high quality products within a short time frame, but also have in interest in delivering Thames Water Ventures vision for the future.To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
Essential Technical Skills
- Educated to degree standard (2:1, Masters or other relevant equivalent qualification)
- Professional Chartered Accountancy (ACCA, ACA, CIMA qualified or studying towards a qualification).
- Strong performance management.
- Excellent knowledge of processes, to develop initiatives/projects from inception to final product.
- Exceptional relationship skills - Able to work effectively across all stakeholders and positively contribute within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in managing performance and reporting for a major department or organisation.
- Track record of success and clear perspective on how to build shareholder and customer value.
- Excellent IT skills with Power BI and SAP experience particularly beneficial
What's in it for you?
- Experience in financial modelling and performance management.
- Strong and demonstrable numeric and analytical skills, able to link financial and non-financial data.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to produce material timely, and at a high quality including executive/director level audiences.
- Excellent commercial and contractual acumen.
- Able to deliver material improvements quickly and continue delivering within a start-up environment.
Our competitive salary & package includes a bonus, car allowance, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
We're proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles we are moving to a hybrid approach where we will provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you'll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.