Art & Textiles Teacher
We are searching for an Art & Textiles Teacher to work in a lovely secondary school located in the Swindon area teaching mainly Textiles. You will be expected to plan, prepare and teach Art & Textiles across all abilities. You must have a strong knowledge of the National Curriculum, have a strong classroom presence and be able to uphold the high standards of the school.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified teacher who specialises in Textiles. You will have a positive approach to teaching and learning, with strong behaviour management and a proactive attitude.
We are looking for:
* A secondary trained and qualified Art or DT Teacher preferably with at least 12 months UK experience, and specialising in Textiles
* Have excellent subject knowledge
* Ability to engage and inspire students
* The flexibility to get involved with extracurricular activities
* Commitment to the school and its students for at least 3 months
As an Art and Textiles Teacher, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations.
In return, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay.
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That is 18 more than our next nearest competitor.
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend earn vouchers!
* Full interview preparation and assistant - so you are fully prepped and confident increasing your chances of success!
* Help with lesson planning - our support does not stop once we have secured you a placement.
* Online portal for your timesheets and log your availability.
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants.
To join us and be successful in this role as Textiles Teacher in Swindon you will need:
* To hold QTS or have proven experience or teaching Art or Textiles in a secondary school.
* Experience teaching resistant materials or has experience teaching this subject.
* This position is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks - At least 2!
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks should be noted.
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Click 'apply now' to be considered for this great position as Art & Textiles Teacher in Swindon. If you would like to hear more information about the role, please contact Michelle Withers on / .
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer