Software Development Engineer | Fareham, Hampshire | £50,000 + Bonus | 1 junior & 1 Senior The Role:
You will be responsible for developing and designing algorithms and software for touch sensor products ???? You will also have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of engineering problems within the capacitive sensing field and to partner with hardware, system and application teams to develop and support products. The role is office-based, therefore you will be hands-on, overseeing projects from start to finish. Experience Needed
- Experience of firmware and software development in C
- Troubleshooting on embedded targets
- MATLAB; Python; LabVIEW, SVN, Git
- Efficient in working across the full software life cycle
- Ability to apply test-driven development and behaviour driven development practices would be beneficial.
More about the company
- Experience of operating in a SCRUM team, CI environment or in other Agile techniques would be advantageous.
- Adequate documentation and writing skills.
- Familiarity with task management tools, defect tracking tools and peer review.
You will work in the heart of the business at the European Headquarters of high growth, high innovation, corporation. Currently with 1,000+ employees, with offices worldwide, this exciting company ranges from IC Design, Packaging and Si Materials.
Working in a brand new Research and Development centre, you would be working alongside like-minded individuals to join their expanding team.
Their vision is to continue growing their enterprise based on core technologies in display and video, high-speed AI data processing and wireless connection.More about the role
Qualifications and Experience
- Working at the cutting edge of capacitive sensing and display technologies
- Design, simulate, implement, debug and test algorithms for tracking and translating user input
- Developing and contributing your skills to become an expert in company products and applications
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Working in a continuous delivery team with consumer electronics
This role requires someone who has:Problem Solving Skills
- BSc or BEng Electronics/Computer Science/Software Engineering (or a similar relevant subject) | Solid post-graduate or placement experience in Engineering
- Can use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective and commercial solutions.Clear Communication
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills with a good command of technical English.A Drive for Results
- A relentless drive to achieve results; is independent, self-directed and takes initiative.Good Time Management
- Set clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align with business growth.