Are you ready to advance your management and technical skills and secure that progressive IT role? We are looking for an engineer who enjoys working with both the front and back end of a business. Someone who has interests in day to day staff support as well as contributing to the technical improvements and new development projects for the business.
We are a veterinary group with 44 branches and 3 hospitals located across Greater London. We have designed and implemented our own bespoke Practice Management System and continue to work closely with the developers to improve the system to challenge the latest trends out there.Overview of the Role:
Assist the IT Manager with the coordination and implementation of task in the IT department as well as liaise with the IT team with respect to new ideas and improvements to current and new systems, contribute to projects and meetings with management, software writers and 3rd parties. Run point on overseeing relations & collaboration with the PMS (Practice Management System) developers, feature design & build testing, Assist with new installations, daily software and hardware support of staff and the upgrading of IT hardware and software on site including overseeing build release to the group, technical documentation and branch visits.
This role will give you great exposure to various operating environmentsKey elements of the role will include:
This role is best suited for a candidate who:
- Work with IT colleagues to support users regarding email, main frame and IT issues (both software and hardware)
- Review alternatives and recommend improvements to IT systems
- 1st/2nd line software and hardware support
- Management of asset lists, compliance logs, server manager, active directory etc.
- Hands on assistance with development, report creation and support of our bespoke Practice Management System
- 3 in 1 on call rota (telephone support) in the evening till 8pm and 8am - 8pm weekend support
The role will be best suited to a support professional who is looking to diversify their workload and enjoy the challenge of a variable job description which will include office work as well as site visits. We need a candidate who is self-driven, focused and can work independently as well as in a group. To be considered for this role you will have:
Salary and Benefits Package
- Good knowledge of Microsoft and an interest in Apple products
- A proven track record of delivering IT support and maintenance
- The ability to effectively communicate with and influence management
- Able to troubleshoot basic network and hardware issues while taking instructions over the phone
- Hardware support (Servers, pc, network equipment, printers etc.)
- Someone who is calm - doesn't panic in difficult situations
- Someone conscientious - will not take risks when out of your depth
- Experience with troubleshooting and configuring mobile and wireless devices
- Have a driver's licence
Salary is in the range of £25,000-£30,00 and our benefit package includes:
- Company car, laptop and phone
- Funded Continuous profession development
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Increasing holiday allowance with length of service.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we're proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- 'I've been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I'd joined them sooner!' Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- 'I've worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression'. Current Employee - March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- 'I've enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers' views and we've run Town Hall meeting throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A's to make sure we're making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat to our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments, and we are continually reviewing our clinics equipment needs.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working for a forward-thinking independent business, and would like to know more, please apply now !