We have a fantastic opportunity for a Management Accountant
to join the Accounting and Finance
team, based at our Head Office in Andover.
In the role you will work closely with senior leadership to prepare monthly Management Accounts for the Stannah Stairlifts D&M division, prepare and consolidate year end submissions for audit and compliance purposes and be responsible for the annual budgeting process.
You will be confident to work closely with senior managers and company directors, maintaining effective working relationships with senior stakeholders both within the Accounting and Finance department and within the Operational teams. You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with non-finance-based professionals and relay complicated information in a clear and understandable manner.
We are looking for a methodical and flexibly-minded individual who understands the importance of internal service provision. Experience in preparing management accounts, managing balance sheet controls, budget preparation and margin and variance analysis is desireable.
To be successful in the role you will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) with previous experience working within a finance office in an accountance or analyst-based role. Key Responsibilities:
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications
- Preparation of monthly and year end accounts
- Ensure timely management accounts are submitted with supporting commentary and analysis
- Conduct monthly reviews with senior managers
- Take control of the annual budgeting process, liaising across all business functions to compile and produce the annual budget
- Reconcile monthly sales registers, calculate and process internal transfer prices between divisions and manage contractual WIP through the accounts
- Undertake margin and variance analysis, providing commentary on variances and trends
- Work with the operational team to record and reconcile inventory levels and movements accurately
- Provide support to overseas manufacturing operations
- Assist in preparing the monthly sales and KPI reports
- Carry out process reviews when perceived problems are identified and make recommendations
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide support at year end to the wider finance team
- Provide additional ad-hoc support for the Finance Manager, Head of Finance and Financial Director
- A qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel literacy with the ability to work with pivot tables, v-lookups and h-lookups
- All-round PC proficiency with the ability to learn and use a wide range of IT packages
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts, we offer repairs and servicing 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success are the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected the following benefits which complement our employees' lifestyles.Benefits Include:
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme (based on Group Company profits)
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase another 5 days
- Matched Contribution (Salary Sacrifice) Pension Scheme
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan (allows you to claim towards health costs)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme (includes cinema discounts, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops) ???????