The Strategic Procurement Lead, reporting into the Purchasing Manager, will represent Procurement within the NPI team and work closely with the Purchasing Manager on overall strategy.Client Details
This role is based out of Shoreham with a business who have recently completed their development programme for their V8 engine. As they are now moving into Production they are looking to grow the team to support them and focus on cost down projects and longer term procurement strategyDescription
- To support the Purchasing Manager in all purchasing activities.
- Deputise for the Purchasing Manager when required.
- Lead supplier rationalization activities to streamline spend.
- Advise & assist the Purchasing Team where necessary on a day-to-day basis.
- To identify new suppliers, negotiate and when necessary, place purchase orders, ensuring delivery promises are maintained by suppliers.
- Ability to play a lead role in Supplier contract negotiation, implementation & management.
- Build strong relationships with the supplier base (SRM).
- Manage the Supplier selection process with support from SQA.
- Work with DFM to obtain 'best cost' for all development parts.
- When necessary, expedite orders in accordance with purchase order requirements.
- Issue out NDA's and maintain the NDA register.
- Maintain the programme BoM's with purchasing information to ensure all parts being dealt with in a timely manner; drive in conjunction with engineering the drawing release process with dates to maintain project timings.Work with the programme team (Engineering, Quality, DFM) to communicate & improve as required delivery dates for project phases.
- Maintains and promote sound relationships with suppliers and the business community.
- Deal with supplier enquires and acknowledgements.
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement.
- Manage suppliers, cost, quality, and delivery performance.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a strategic procurement position within a manufacturing environment. Demonstrable experience of contract negotiations and involvement in cost down/cost out initiatives.
- CIPS qualified or part qualified
- Automotive Quality Process experience - APQP/PPAP
- Basic Engine/Engineering experience
Competitive salary & hybrid working model