Carvela is a footwear and accessories retailer for a fearless generation. Since 1978, its design team has pushed boundaries to create shoes and accessories that empower and embolden. With a vision firmly rooted in innovation, Carvela aims to modernise and transform how footwear is designed for its diverse and representative community. It offers extended sizes and widths wherever possible and invests in pioneering construction techniques to deliver products that offer strength and support. Customers can access the entire range at carvela.com, Carvela's newly launched website.
Full time position for a creative and strategic Social Media Executive to manage all CARVELA social media channels, increasing community engagement and improving brand awareness. The ideal candidate is experienced in visual storytelling, is an enthusiastic multi-tasker with an openness to take on new projects with genuine excitement.
This position is based at the Head Office Responsibilities:
- Draft and schedule daily posts on social media accounts including but not limited to: Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Community page
- Own the long-term planning for all social content creating a calendar to optimise content on organic and paid campaigns
- Develop the social media strategy across all platforms (organic and paid) to increase brand awareness, engagement and increase traffic. Brainstorm and generate new content ideas and social media theme plans, ensuring content is responding to community behaviour and trends
- Lead messaging and written content for social media, maintaining the Carvela tone of voice
- Work with Carvela Design and Buying team to tell the brand narrative, creativity and values
- Work with the graphic designers to implement and propose new marketing strands regularly
- Identify external collaborators that will expand and enhance our social media presence and create collaborator content. Facilitate initial contact to final execution, as contract negotiations, and creating briefings.
- Oversee community engagement - answering comments, increasing engagement in real time.
- Drive expansion to new platforms and ideate creative ways for Carvela to have a presence on channels that we're not currently active on.
- Work with the Online team analysing performance and results of campaigns. Produce quick results if needed and work with internal stakeholders on tight schedules
- Push the envelope of what's been done on social, with the end goal to increase brand presence, drive traffic to website, and increase engagement.
- Maintain brand consistency and ensure that Carvela's culture, values and beliefs are integrated into our communication efforts.
- 2+ years experience in digital marketing and social media and would like to develop their career within marketing.
- Deep understanding of the Ecommerce and DTC environment and the role of social media in both driving commercial success and acting as a brand window.
- A creative heart and commercial head - bring a balance of both to help form a brand that speaks to our community and drive sales.
- Technical and professional knowledge of social media platforms as well as monitoring tools
- Social copywriting skills
- Strong creative eye and demonstrate knowledge of art, design, culture and fashion
- A strong understanding of luxury brand building in general and of the Carvela brand in particular
- Experience in managing multiple work-streams in an entrepreneurially-driven team
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbally. Fluency in English is required
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the ability to use initiative
- Competitive basic salary
- Pension Scheme
- Half day Friday one per month
- Gym discounts
- Access to retail trust portal
- Amazing employee discounts
If you're successful, you will work for a business which recognises that amazing people are the key to driving our business forward and fulfil our vision of being the world's leading multi-channel retailer of luxury branded shoes and accessories. We are a fast-paced business where no two days are the same, so you will need to be adaptable; but we will reward your hard-work, commitment and loyalty with a fantastic benefits package and very real opportunities for progression.
We Are One
For Love | For Diversity | For Change | For Equality | For Kindness | For Freedom | Against Racism