A leading manufacturing company based in Great Yarmouth, are currently seeking a highly motivated Production Engineering Manager to join their team. This role reports to the Site Engineering Manager.
Working as part of a professional team within a clean manufacturing environment where the highest quality standards are observed, you will be responsible for supporting the production of the Company's products through effective installation, preventative maintenance, and improvement of equipment.
It is a full time, permanent position. This role supervises 2 small professional teams which work a 2-shift pattern. These teams provide engineering support/maintenance for the production operation also operating on a 2-shift pattern.
Monday - Thursday: 08:00 to 16:30
Friday: 08:00 to 15:30
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure adherence to weekly production plans and effectively manage all resources (people, physical assets and financials).
- Report team metrics.
- Drive line optimisation, timings, bottleneck studies and maintain/improve drawings specifications and procedures.
- Health & Safety Leadership including developing/updating risk assessments.
- Manage Engineering change controls, non-conformance investigations and CAPAs.
- Create, review and update documents in the electronic document management system.
- Lead by example, communicate effectively, deal with issues, build trust and good relationships with team and the wider business.
- Effectively manage employee relations both informally & formally.
- Inspire and motivate to achieve objectives and targets whilst driving continuous improvement requirements within the department.
Applicants will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- A strong background in Production Engineering/Management ideally working in pharmaceutical or another regulated production environment with associated level of documentation.
- HNC/HND qualified in Mechanical, Electrical or Production Engineering & IOSH safety management.
- Several years' experience of managing production engineering teams, monitoring performance, and delegating work.
- Previous experience with process, filling and packing equipment.
- Experience with hazardous area equipment would be advantageous.
- Experience of New Product Introductions.
- Experience in Lean techniques e.g. Six Sigma with the ability to lead root cause analysis.
- Experience in the use of Computerised Maintenance Management System and ERP & DMS systems would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications, we receive I'm afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Todd Hayes Ltd