A Senior Project Manager is needed for an inclusive and collaborative company to work on a fixed-term basis for an NHS Trust in Bristol.
This is post that is both onsite and remote working and comes with a salary up to £51,668.00. The Senior Project Manager will be accountable and wholly responsible for delivery of all IM&T
projects as detailed in the Annual Delivery Plan. If you have significant Senior Project Manager experience, we want to hear from you.
The Senior Project Manager will manager the delivery of IT projects through to successful benefits realisation and hand over to business-as-usual operation. While ensuring that all assigned projects are planned and managed in accordance with Prince2 structures and methodology, including:
- Business Cases, in line with local standards and based on an accurate assessment of cost, benefit and risk.
- Business, functional and technical specifications, along with defined acceptance criteria.
- Project Initiation Documents (including securing approval to proceed where proposals are not subject to separate business case).
- Project organisation structures and governance arrangements.
- Project plans and associated resource allocation.
- Issues and Risks management strategy.
- Communications strategy.
- Effective handover, closure and post-project evaluation.
The primary skills required of the Senior Project Manager should include:
- Familiar with project management using a standard methodology (e.g. PRINCE2) and have good knowledge of programme management.
- An understanding of NHS clinical and business application systems in order to build relationships in clinical and non-clinical areas within the organisation, across the local NHS community and to external organisations, including IT suppliers. Desire to provide high quality customer service
- Significant experience of managing IT projects and programmes in a complex operational and multi-vendor environment.
- Possess effective communication and facilitation skills, and be able to summarise complex information and present this to mixed audiences
- Capable of identifying risks, anticipating issues, creating solutions and resolving problems in relation to project delivery, together with an ability to understand a broad range of information quickly and make decisions where opinions differ and/or there is no obvious solution.
- Develop plans for monitoring the implementation of IT, and so must have a good understanding of Information and IT services, along with a broad awareness of clinical and healthcare services and processes.
- Previous responsibility for a budget, been involved in budget setting and had a working knowledge of financial processes.