Production Planner | £14-£17ph | Temporary, 6 month+ contract | Sheffield Your new role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a recognised Engineering within the South Yorkshire region. You will be responsible for Managing the sales and order processing for the site, ensuring that all production activities are scheduled in a timely manner to fulfil customer demand and maintain 100% service level; ensuring cost targets are achieved and exceeded wherever possible.
Key Responsibilities include;
What you'll need to succeed
- To review the open orders and schedule work and goods to support the on-time delivery KPI
- Be able to evaluate the inventory system to prepare suitable work packs for the workshop and technical staff.
- To prepare and manage the work kits which ensures the goods and labour are available when required to achieve the order delivery date.
- To raise awareness if the required goods are not available when needed.
- Co-ordinate efforts with the procurement team to ensure all PO's are placed to meet the customer delivery.
- Previous experience in a similar role would be essential
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business including and with internal & external customers and suppliers
What you'll get in return
- Organized and methodical thinker - good problem solving & time management skills.
- High level of IT & MS office skills particularly Excel
- Self motivated & highly resilient.
- Able to prioritize work & switch between task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
£14 - £17 per hour
Minimum 6 month contract, possibility for extension or to go permanent
Free, onsite parking What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.