Venesky-Brown's client, a public sector organisation in Edinburgh, is currently looking to recruit a Data Processing Assistant Statistician for an initial 6 month contract with the potential to extend on a rate of £258/day (inside of IR35). Due to the current circumstances this role will be remote based for the foreseeable future.
- Being topic lead for Estimation and Adjustment (E&A) ensuring statistical methods, requirements and test plans are delivered on time.
- Providing topic expertise for E&A. Gaining an in-depth understanding of the background to the methods and working with the team to develop well-defined, robust statistical methods.
- Working with the Test Team, IT and Statisticians to carry out the User Acceptance Testing and End-to-End testing of statistical data processing using the Data Processing System.
- Working with colleagues to develop quality assurance (QA) dashboards in R Shiny for E&A, to QA the processes and validate population estimates.
- Work with project managers to update project plans, consider resource requirements, identify and suggest resolutions to risks, issues and decisions for E&A.
- Work proactively with statistical and non-statistical colleagues across the Census programme to deliver high quality census outputs.
- Attend peer review meetings to review and gain assurance on statistical methodology decisions.
- Strong management skills to motivate and manage within the team to deliver robust statistical methods.
- Good communication skills and the ability to explain and present complex ideas and data to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Good statistical analysis skills to be able to develop methodologies to address real problems.
- Ability to interpret analytical information and use findings to support key messages and decisions.
- IT Skills: Knowledge and experience of SAS and/or R or other packages for data manipulation.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch.