World Leading Energy Company has an exciting opportunity for a Business Process and Controls Advisor that has very dynamic and highly complex regulatory and internal operations landscape.
The purpose of the Trading & Supply (T&S) business is to maximize sustained value creation across commodity markets in support of overarching RDS objectives of material cash generation and a high return on capital. The Control/Risk SME is a key member of the Business Integration Assurance (BIA) team responsible for process and control design and improvement. They work closely with their counterparts in other T&S businesses and in the central T&S BIA team.
• Designs and develops business process and control improvements to enable the delivery of business objectives and that meet the requirements of the T&S Process Standards and Risk Management Framework
• Work collaboratively with business stakeholders, SMEs in LoD2 and the central process and controls team in Commercial Operations.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of T&S Process Standards.
• Design and optimise processes (incl. data and technology advancements), including process improvements.
• Maintain a taxonomy and architecture of business processes in line with T&S Process Standards
• Working with Risk Type Advisors in LoD2, design, document and implement business controls that effectively and efficiently mitigate risk and that meet the requirements of the T&S Risk Management Framework.
• Contribute to the design of common T&S processes and controls and support their embedding within SE-EE.
• Design and implement relevant metrics to measure the design and operating effectiveness of processes and associated controls.
• Monitor reported Learning Events (CLEs) and implement process and control improvements to alleviate risk of reoccurrence.
• Support the completion of a comprehensive and holistic Business Risk and Control Assessment (RCA) through analysis of existing processes and controls and the creation of an impact assessment for potential control failures.
• Support audits and reviews performed Shell Internal Audit, external auditors and regulators.
• Manage and work with consultants and other external service providers.
The Candidate :
• Have strong communication and influencing skills
• Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Be able to work virtually in a global environment
• Be able to manage uncertainty and ambiguity
• Be capable of managing conflicting priorities and deliver significant business improvement under tight timelines
• Have a commercial mindset, able to balance process and control improvements with the need to deliver and protect commercial value
• Be able to quickly master the complexities of end-to-end energy trading processes and systems
• Demonstrate process and controls expertise and bring knowledge of best practice from modern trading environments
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely. We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age. Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing