Our Community Care Officers (CCOs) provide a critical role within the Occupational Therapy service. They work alongside Occupational Therapists to undertake functional assessments (including moving and handling), provide equipment and recommend environmental adaptations to improve and maintain an individual's independence.Location: Positions available across the county - work base to be confirmed at interview - must be able to travel across the county as required
This is a really exciting time to join the team in Lincolnshire Adult Care. We began a programme of transformation in November 2019 that has already seen a number of significant changes including:
- Establishment of 4 OT teams across the county aligned to the district council boundaries
- Established a structure of working groups and projects to inform and drive change from 'the ground up'
- Encouraging and supporting practitioners to develop areas of special interest
- Supporting Community Care Officers (CCOs) through the OT apprenticeship programme
- Developing a training and education programme and peer support groups for our CCO workforce
Are you an ambitious, diligent and hardworking individual? Do you have previous experience identifying needs and tailoring care and intervention to address these needs, have an understanding of risk and the experience of developing solutions to manage identified risks? Are you interested in working within an organisation that is committed to providing an exceptional and integral service to the communities of Lincolnshire, where you can make a difference? If so, Lincolnshire County Council has the role for you.Please read the job description and person specification for full details.
Want to hop on board and join us on our journey? We are looking for someone who wants to use their skills and knowledge in a creative and innovative way. If this sounds like you, then you may be just the person we are looking for and we would love to hear from you.Our offer to you - Our people are our most valuable asset:
Our Adult Care Teams work at the heart of their communities, covering specific geographic areas. They are made up of strong and effective people who are determined to achieve our vision and objectives. Occupational Therapists receive excellent supervision, access to learning and development opportunities and protected time to support continuous professional development.We offer:
- A competitive salary
- Protected CPD time
- Flexible working policies
- Career progression opportunities
- Defined benefit pension Scheme
- Comprehensive learning & development opportunities
- Car loan and lease scheme
- Career development pathway
- Paid mileage
- Comprehensive staff discount scheme
If you would like an informal discussion or have any questions about this post please contact: Catherine Williams, Principal Occupational Therapist. .ukPLEASE NOTE:
It is imperative that your covering letter/personal statement clearly states why you have applied, how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role as set out in the Job Description (attached on LCC jobs Site) and what you feel you can bring to this role, the team and the wider County Council.Applications Close on 27/09/2021 and interviews will be held W/C 11/10/2021.