Principal Resourcing are currently recruiting for Visual Impairment Teaching Assistants for a specialist vision support service in Scunthorpe to support children who require additional support to understand resources. Therefore the service requires a fully qualified Teaching Assistant who has the ability to adapt resources for students with a visual impairment. A candidate who can read Braille would be an advantage. You will be required to work in a nursery setting in Scunthorpe and will have full support and training from the service whilst assisting the lead teachers in devising lesson plans and supporting the children's individual needs.
We are looking to speak to Teaching Assistants who are computer literate and have patience for the Visual Impairment Teaching Assistant roles that are due to Start ASAP.
This role is part time, 3 mornings a week for at least a term.What you will require:
What we offer:
- Relevant qualifications - Teaching Assistant and Braille would be an advantage
- Required Skills - Must be computer literate
- Worked in a similar environment with hearing impaired students
- A strong and creative approach to supporting students
- A commitment to develop the personalities, talents and abilities of all students
- A confident and positive approach to working with children
- The ability to be a proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
- An enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- A passion for education within your subject
- A willingness and enthusiasm to commit to the expectations of the role and desire to contribute to extra-curricular responsibilities
- A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Principal Resourcing
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE iTOL accredited CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- 'Recommend a Friend' bonus
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We are proud to be REC Audited Education Status with the GOLD standard for recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.