Finance Manager - Durham - £25,000 - £28,000, quarterly bonus & study support
Chase & Holland are currently working on behalf of a well established, private equity backed construction business based in Durham who are looking to appoint a Finance Manager to play a key role in the Finance Team and get involved in the wider business. The successful applicant will manage all aspects of the finance of the business, reporting directly to the board of directors on a daily basis.The Finance Manager responsibilities will include:
The successful candidate:
- Daily liaison with debtors and creditors, bank reconciliation, managing cash flow, and managing the staff in the department to ensure efficient working.
- Assistance in preparation of management accounts and MI reporting
- Preparation of journals, accruals and prepayments
- Regular reporting and communication with factoring company
- Maintenance of accurate accounting records for quarterly external audits
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Completing weekly and monthly Payroll
- CIS returns and statements
- Managing a small team of 2 finance apprentices
- Will be AAT Qualified or actively studying ACCA or CIMA or qualified by experience
- Relevant experience within a similar role
- Excellent Excel skills are essential and experience of Sage Line 50 or Xero Accounting
- Someone who wants to be part of the wider business and report to board level
If you are interested in finding out about this exciting Finance Manager opportunity, please click 'apply now'.
- Competitive salary and benefits including quarterly bonus and study support
- The chance to join a progressive company and play a key role in the head office team
- Chance to make the role your own and add real value
- Great career development opportunities
Chase & Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in finance, supply chain, HR, IT and office support recruitment and comfortably service Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, and Derbyshire.