OCC is looking for a mid-level Java Developer to join our client in Leeds city centre on a permanent basis.There are a quite a few developer jobs out there right now, so here's five reasons why you might consider this one:
1. You'll work on a complex, data rich, platform alongside some very clever people. Everything is developed and run in-house, so there will be plenty of interesting challenges for you to sink your teeth into.
2. The company has doubled in size in the past 2 years and is going through a big rebrand. So we are not being cliched when we call them a 'fast growth' business. What it means for you is that your hard work and ability will be rewarded with opportunities - surely a good thing if you want to progress towards a senior dev role in the future.
3. The tech stack and approach is modern and always evolving. Think OOP, Java, Python, MySQL, MongoDB, AWS, Elastic. Lots of fun tools and tech to work with and keep your skills up to date.
4. You'll get to work in a hybrid environment, with the benefits of working from home coupled with an outstanding city centre office just minutes from the station.
5. They really look after their people. As in, they truly care. Lots of genuinely good office perks, and plenty of remote support for when you're working from home.Sounds good?Here's some extra detail on what you will be doing:
They'd love to tell you more about what they can offer if you can demonstrate the following:
- You'll be joining a dedicated team which writes, runs, supports, and maintains a high-volume trading platform. It runs 24 hours a day, every day of the year, and processes a lot of data.
- You'll work closely with senior developers and management to throughout the software dev lifecycle, getting involved at all stages.
- You'll also be involved in helping to research new tech and ensuring that they are up to date with the best available.
Still interested?Send your CV, or whatever else you have ready, through to me via this advert.I'll come back to you to get things rolling.
- Proven Java development experience (2 years+)
- Experience working with cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
- Ideally, some xperience of using common design patterns and OO principles