We are looking for Accounts Assistant
candidates for the position of Accounts Administrator
with one of our clients in Chesterfield. The client is a fantastic forward thinking horticultural whole seller.
The role of the Accounts Administrator is to be part of the team ensuring the smooth running of the accounts function. This includes liaising with customers, suppliers and internal staff to provide accurate and timely financial information and undertake routine accounts tasks in sales, purchasing and payroll as well as sales administration support for the sales office.
To find out more about the company please give me a call.Job Spec:
Wage: £19,000 - £23,000
Contract Type: Perm
Location: ChesterfieldDuties and responsibilities:Sales Administration
- To take accurate customer product orders and process these in line with Company procedures.
- To advise customers on products, special offers, product guarantees etc.
- To take customer invoice and accounts payments by debit or credit card.
- To deal with all customer queries.
- To arrange carriage forward requests to collect damaged/faulty products from the customer.
- To assist the Sales and Dispatch Co-ordinator in arranging courier requests for customer orders.
- To liaise with the Warehouse Manager/Customer Services or Repairs Technician regarding customer returns and repairs.
- To actively be involved in promoting Maxigrow products, active selling and company sales and marketing campaigns.
- To keep a handwritten accurate record in the day book of all customer payments (including cheques, cash, debit/credit cards and payments directly into the Company bank account).
- To allocate payments accurately to customer accounts.
- To check using the Internet Banking service for customer payments.
- To take customer invoices and accounts payments either in cash or by debit/credit card.
- To check and reconcile the debit/credit card polling report.
- To raise, check and post sales invoices and credit notes.
- To produce accurate and up to date customer accounts statements at specified times of the month.
- To carry out the end of day banking each evening before closing (in the absence of Senior Bookkeeper)
- To keep a handwritten accurate record in the day book of all outgoing payments (including cheques, Company credit card, wages etc.).
- To accurately input all purchase invoices on the Sage accounts software.
- To raise and resolve any invoice queries with suppliers.
- To authorise payments on sage.
- To set up and authorise payments on sage (in the absence of Senior Bookkeeper).
- To pay employees wages in an accurate and timely manner, including calculating holiday time, time off due to sickness, bonuses due etc.
- To run NIC report on a monthly basis and pay to HMRC.
- To prepare NIC/PAYE figures and allocate journal entries on to Sage.
- To administer the Company's pensions system.
- 12 months previous experience of working in a busy accounts environment.
- 12 months previous experience of using Sage or similar accountancy software.
- Payroll experience.
- Customer service experience to ensure customer satisfaction when dealing with customer problems.
- Good working knowledge of bookkeeping and accountancy procedures.
- Good working knowledge of Sage Accounts and software package.
- Good working knowledge of Sage Payroll.