Java Developer needed to help us modernise our legacy tech stack!
Our Java Developers are responsible for polishing software requirements, writing clean and efficient code and running tests to improve system functionality and performance.
If you have hands-on experience working with the "Old World" and are interested in getting experience working in the "New World," we'd like to meet you.
Ultimately, you'll implement and maintain components predominantly in Java 8+ throughout the Agile software development lifecycle.
Our legacy tech stack, which will still need maintenance while we migrate, comprises of:
- Java 8
- Apache Tomcat (Servlet 2.0+)
- Apache Axis
- Linux servers
Our new tech stack, is in the process of being setup with:
- Java 11
- Spring Boot & Reactor
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Apache Kafka
- Gitlab CI/CD
While a solid education is beneficial, a healthy work attitude is always better than certificates. Successful candidates will have:
- Work experience as a Java Developer, Java Software Engineer, or similar
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Design and Agile methodologies
- Good knowledge of popular Java frameworks like JSF, Axis, Spring
- Experience with writing unit/integration tests (TDD optional, but beneficial)