An entrepreneurial, privately-owned manufacturing business is looking to appoint a cost and management accountant. At present there isn't a costing system in place, with production being project based they are looking for someone to come in and set up the costing system in order for the business to have more visibility on cost, variances, margins and profitability. You will develop your business partnering skills through liaising with sales and production staff, settings KPIs and maximising profitability.
The key responsibilities include:
- Working with the financial controller to set up the costing system using excel and Sage
- Variance Analysis - working with the sales and production team to understand variances
- Provide weekly/monthly commentary to management team.
- Support in the production of site monthly management accounts, calculation of cost of sales margins.
- Support in overhead costs preparation and reports.
- Evaluation of capex, financial appraisal of expected payback.
Part Qualified / Qualified CIMA/ACCA or Qualified by Experience candidates will ideally have previous experience gained in a manufacturing/production environment. Highly numerate you will possess a keen commercial and business acumen with the ability to persuade at all levels of management. This role provides a superb opportunity to add significant value to the company and become a key part in directing the company's strategy and continued growth.
Salary is dependent upon experience.
IPS Finance has 40 years experience in the Yorkshire accountancy recruitment market. We have built our business on long term relationships with both individuals and clients in all sectors, bringing real benefits to all concerned. Please visit the IPS Finance website to view the latest accountancy / finance and practice opportunities.