Clerk to the Governors | Warwick Independent Schools Foundation
Warwick Independent Schools Foundation
Clerk to the Governors
22 hours per week (three days),
Term Time Only (36 weeks per year)
£28,025 - £30,552 FTE (actual salary £13,511 - £14,729 per annum)
To start as soon as possible
Warwick Independent Schools Foundation is one of the largest independent school charities in the country, with some 2,800 pupils and 800 staff.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Clerk to the Governors who will liaise closely with the Foundation's executive officers in all procedural matters relating to the conduct of the governors' business. The Clerk will be responsible for advising the governing body on constitutional matters, duties and powers and will work within the broad current legislative framework.
The successful candidate will ensure the smooth running of the governing body, preparing agendas and meeting papers, taking and distributing minutes, giving administrative support, providing procedural and legislative advice to the governing bodies, and advising on governance best practice.
The successful candidate will have:
* Paralegal or similar qualifications and/or experience
* Knowledge of Governing Body procedures; educational legislation, guidance and legal requirements (desirable but not essential)
* Experience of clerking in the education sector and/or knowledge of the sector (desirable but not essential)
* Significant experience of providing high level administrative experience
* Strong educational background ideally educated to degree level
As a Foundation we are committed to providing an outstanding education for all our pupils; for our schools to be the first choice for those seeking independent education for their children; and to be an exceptional place to work.
Please contact Mike Sherwin on the below details for further information and an application pack.
Closing date for applications: midday Monday 20th September 2021
Please note - strong applications may be considered upon receipt.