Becoming a Pipeline Analyst with Smart DCC:
Fantastic opportunity to secure an initial 6 months contract based in either Manchester or Ruddington with partial remote working available for this role. The Pipeline Analyst role sits within the Service Design & Quality Team (SD&Q). The SD&Q Pipeline Analyst is responsible for the day to day management of the Service Design & Quality Pipeline ensuring it is accurately updated, facilitating reporting, planning & forecasting and decision making by the Head of and Senior roles.
What you'll be doing:
· Acting as a single point of contact for Service Design and Assurance (SD&A) Front Door requests and accurately logging Front Door submissions in the Pipeline Tool
· Co-ordinating attendance, agenda and take minutes for the SD&A Front Door call ensuring collateral is circulated prior and post the call in a timely fashion as well as preparing and coordinating the weekly SD&Q Pipeline call. Distributing work within the SD&Q team based on discussion
· Accurately update progression of Change Requests across the team within the Pipeline against the respective gates as directed by the Enterprise Quality & Assurance Manager and/or Senior Enterprise Architect
· Ensure that change work is delivered to the required internal and external SLA's, highlighting when necessary, potential failures.
· Producing timely and accurate reporting to enable the Head of and Senior roles to understand the utilization of resource across the park
· Developing baseline reports to enable the SD&Q Head of and Senior roles to prepare for Business Planning and producing timely and accurate reporting to enable the Head of and Senior roles to understand the utilization of resource across the park
· Developing a broad knowledge of inflight and pending change requests to enable the role holder to effectively balance conflicting priorities within the Pipeline.
· Appropriately managing the Service Design shared inbox
· Taking responsibility for and updating the SD&Q Pipeline management processes ensuring documentation is updated and aligned.
· Becoming the 'face' of and subject matter expert on SD&Q Pipeline management, developing an understanding within the wider DCC of how SD&Q Pipeline integrates to CDM.
What we're looking for:
Experience in a similar role, Data Analyst would be ideal
Strong Communication skills - verbal and written in multiple mediums- Conference call, Email, PowerPoint and Reports.
Strong analytical skills- the ability to review pipeline and identify trends or issues
Ability to manage a varied and sometimes conflicting priority workstack
Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) relevant to the role
Strong customer focus and can work independently with minimal supervision
About Smart DCC
At the Data Communications Company, we believe in making Britain more connected, so we can all lead smarter, greener lives. We've built the secure infrastructure that's supporting the mass roll-out of smart meters across the country. Our universal, secure network will be in 30 million homes and small businesses, making it the largest network in Britain. So it's a truly exciting time to join us. You'll be part of a team that's supporting the country's transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure, and sustainable energy supply for the future.
Operating independently of its parent company, Capita plc*, the DCC is a Disability Confident Committed Employer. We're directed by the Department for Business and regulated by OFGEM. We collaborate with the Government and leading telco and utility industry service providers to help protect consumers and give them better energy choices. A finalist in the Top Workplace Awards in 2018, we reward professionals who thrive in an environment of change and innovation. Watch this about DCC video and if it ignites your interest, apply below.
What's in it for you?
· A competitive day rate
· Partial remote working available for this role
You'll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact .
The parent company, Capita Plc*, are a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions. You'll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.