Search Consulting are working with a listed financial services business based in the Midlands to hire a Data Protection Analyst on a 12 month fixed term contract
The role will support the Data Protection Manager in ensuring that the data protection function is effective and that it meets its business and regulatory requirements. Assist in the development and maturity of the data protection framework in line with the firm's operating model. Key responsibilities:
- Provide considered and practical advice to the business on data protection matters
- Assist the team with incident management and responding to Data Subject Rights Requests
- Lead Compliance monitoring reviews to monitor operational compliance with data protection law
- Assist with the development of existing policy documentation and related practical guidance
- Keep up to date with the latest changes in applicable legislation, industry news and guidance
- To support and participate in working groups to provide ongoing support across the organisation
- Support data protection training and awareness initiatives across the Group
- Assist the business in developing the appropriate policies relating to data protection
- Assist business change projects to ensure privacy by design and data protection risks are considered
- Support the Data Protection Manager and help to embed the desired data privacy culture across the firm
- Produce and develop existing Management Information in relation to Data Protection and KRIs
- Ensure documentation and records are kept up to date including identifying trends and analysis
- Good knowledge of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
- Practical experience of supporting the development and implementation of data protection related policies, processes and procedures as part of a privacy programme
- Previous experience within the financial services industry
- Practical experience of incident management and responding to Data Subject Rights Requests.
- Drive and determination to complete work to a high standard with attention to detail.
- Plan, organise and manage time effectively.