Join an innovative design team that is focused on accelerating the digital initiatives, testing and exploring ideas, transforming the way they work, partnering with clients and the wider ecosystem to develop solutions that service the clients and shape the industry.Client Details
Michael Page have teamed up with a well known bank to help drive their digital growth.Description
The key responsibilities for the Senior UX Designer are:
- You will be co-creating a customer obsessed culture, by never losing sight of customer value, business value and excellent usability. You will manage projects from conception to delivery and apply best design and usability principles to resolve complex business problems.
- You will be collaborating with other Designers, Product Managers, Stakeholders across difference offices across different countries, jumping from projects to projects.
- You will be part of a department of change agents, breaking down silos and fostering cross collaboration. There will be daily stand-ups, retrospective meetings, gathering of requirements, brainstorming, facilitating workshops.
- You will lead the way of UX and CX Practice such as Experience Journeys, Usability test, leading Design Thinking & Ideation workshops. On occasion, you will chair meetings to gather requirements, progress reporting to Key Stakeholders, and do show and tell.
- You will need to be generous with sharing knowledge with non-designer colleagues, brown bag lunches and writing blogs and articles on design leadership.
- You are a leader in your own right by evangelising about the CX UX practice and getting Stakeholder buy-ins and your team's support. Don't worry, you will get a sense of psychological safety because your Management is fully supportive of calculated risk taking for the purpose of innovation. So feel free to experiment, create opportunities and foster a conducive environment for innovation in unchartered waters.
- You will be part of a bigger design community within the organization. Where you will collaborate to explore ways to improve design processes (UX research, building design systems, developer hands-offs etc) and ways of working, defining a single source of truth.
The successful Senior UX Designer will:
- Relevant working experience driving CX, UX design in high performance and demanding product teams
- Portfolio showcasing applied knowledge of user-centered design, solutions to design problems, designing human interface from large screen to small screen devices, and examples of design workshop facilitation and artefacts produced
- Proven track record in fast moving agile environment, successful collaboration with multi-disciplinary team across time zones
- Fluency in common industry design tools: Figma, Sketch, Invision and other prototyping tools
- Tertiary education in Design, Visual Communications, or Psychology.
- You will need to be experienced with working in an Agile environment and believe in continuous learning
- Having the entrepreneurial & continuous learning ethos to use human-centred design for problem solving
On offer for the chosen Senior UX Designer is £90k depending on experience + discretionary bonus and a great benefits package.