Three SEN Support Assistants
- Three full-time roles available (8.30am-3.30pm)
- Specialist School in Chorley
- School supporting children from EYFS - KS4
- November start (Monday 1st November 2021)
- Long-term roles available
- Experience supporting children with additional needs is essential
An SEN school in Chorley are in need of three SEN Support Assistants ideally starting after October half term (Monday 1st November). The school caters for students aged 4-16 with varying additional needs including ASC, VI, HI and SLCN. The school are looking to recruit on a temporary basis with a view to move onto a school contract later on in the academic year. The school has a strong ethos of creating a supportive environment which the children can thrive. To be successful, experience supporting children/ young adults with additional needs is essential. Ideally this would be an educational setting however the school are keen to consider individuals with experience in support work, care, residential, youth work, prisons, sports coaching etc! The school are open to various experience and try and recruit based on the unique skills a candidate can bring to the roles, giving their pupils exposure to new experiences.
Duties will include:
- Building strong and positive relationships with pupils and staff
- Working on a 1:1 basis with students
- Working closely with the SENCO and potentially other health care professionals
- Ensuring children are well supported whilst in school
- Helping students to access their education (EYFS - KS4)
So what are the benefits of working in schools through Teaching Personnel?
- Choice and Variety - giving you a range of roles and job opportunities to choose from
- Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy - Your Continuous Professional Development
- Pay - Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
- myTP - Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
- Safe Working Practice - ensuring your reputation is protected
- Excellence in Education Awards - recognising the positive impact you deliver in schools
The school have said they would like to meet shortlisted candidates prior to starting ideally face to face and they would also like the shortlisted candidates in school for a trial day. The Head Teacher has said they would like to have appointed by Friday 8th October 2021. If interested, please get in touch with Charlotte on the Preston SEN Team.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.