Our client a global leading specialist in Design & Manufacturing is looking for a new Design / 3D CAD Engineer to join their friendly family run team in Norfolk.
Main Purpose of a Design / 3D CAD Engineer:
- To design custom product solutions with CAD software for production in on-site manufacturing facility.
- Design solutions will be developed through close liaison with customers and in accordance with agreed design principles and procedures.
- To assist with R&D projects from concept to completion.
- Examples of which may include but would not be limited to product development, researching materials, suppliers and systems.
Salary is dependent on level of experience, circa £25k-£35k
Hours - 9am-6pm Mon-Fri. These can increase & decrease during different seasons & projects.
Holiday - 32 days (inc BH). Some of the days to be taken over Christmas shutdown
Responsibilities of a Design / 3D CAD Engineer:
- Produce custom engineering solutions for the product range with quotation support through to final product manufacture within our in-house production facility Predominantly using 3D Autocad software in accordance with agreed design principles and procedures.
- Autodesk Inventor Software currently used. Produce `works orders' to communicate design and component specification to production functions and external suppliers
- Product design and `works orders' must be undertaken in accordance with agreed design principles and assembly procedures defined in company manual
- To perform research as instructed to help push the company forward, specifically to identify and develop new product developments, research new material specifications and for use in production and support applications
- Support and contribute to a team effort for continuous product improvement
Requirements of a Design / 3D CAD Engineer:
- The ideal Desing / 3D CAD Engineer will have a mechanical engineering degree or equivalent practical experience, with excellent material knowledge.
- Has a working knowledge of both 2D and 3D CAD software.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in designing and specifying aluminium and steel fabrications as well as designing tooling for glass fibre and carbon fibre products.
- Understands and follows the principles of design and engineering.
- Good communication skills - able to communicate verbally and via written media.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Must be adept in use of 3D CAD (ideally Inventor), with knowledge of 2D Autocad
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages - particularly Excel, Word, Internet and email. Additional Computer-based knowledge would be an advantage. **Full job specification available upon successful applications**
If this Design / 3D CAD Engineer Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Engineering Jobs in Norwich please contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!!