Are you a Finance Manager who has competences of managing a finance team?
Are you available to start work immediately and have competences of operational finance?
My Sevenoaks client is currently looking interim support while they look to recruit a permanent member of staff. The right Finance Manager who need to be able to show the relevant experience with the below Finance Manager duties and be available immediately for on-going temporary cover.
Finance Manager Duties:
- Preparing periodic management accounts.
- Supporting the Director of Finance in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Preparing lead and supporting schedules for the audit files, and providing assistance to the Director of Finance in preparing the statutory accounts.
- Managing the PASS accounting system, including the year-end roll forwards and close downs once the audits have been signed off.
- Managing the Accounts team and their work.
- Supporting with Fund and Grant Management and Reconciliations. • Monitoring of the ledgers for accuracy.
- Reviewing and signing off monthly reconciliations performed by accounts team.
- Maintaining appropriate financial controls.
- Undertaking monthly reconciliation of "intercompany" positions.
- Reviewing the sales ledger accounts and credit control of outstanding debts in all 3 entities (note that this does not include recovery of school fees and related educational charges).
- Managing the School Credit Card Programme
- Overseeing the VAT return and ensuring that current legislation is complied with
- Authorising of new suppliers, ensuring adherence with IR35.
- Overseeing the fees ledger, ensuring accurate and timely billing processes. Termly reconciliations before bills are sent.
- Information on expenditure against budget is provided to budget holders via spreadsheets that have live links to the financial system database. The Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring that these spreadsheets are correctly set up and are properly understood and utilised by budget holders.
- Managing payroll, including annual TPS Audit.
- Supporting Payroll and Pensions Officer in annual submissions of Gender Pay, Pension information, P60s etc.
- Working closely with HR, providing pay information as required.
- P11D submissions.
- Supporting with the management of cash and investments.
- Preparing HMG and sector statistical returns.
- Liaising closing and providing support to Senior Management and the wider school community as required in a rapidly developing environment
Having Education experience is desirable but not essential for this opportunity therefore If you are able to show the relevant experience obtained from a similar role then please apply for this opportunity!!
As this role is working in the Education sector it will be subject to strict references and enhanced DBS check.