Service Manager, Northallerton, £40,000
A Manufacturer in Northallerton is recruiting for a Service Manager to execute, co-ordinate and manage service activities, processes and the engineering team for the installation, commissioning, servicing and repair of their products
You will provide technical and engineering support to customer and onsite teams to ensure products are designed, manufactured and tested in a safe manner in accordance with defined build procedures, engineering specifications and standards to meet customer requirements and quality, efficiency and delivery targets.
This is a hands on role, so as well as managing the team, you will also be doing the offsite installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair work on the equipment. limited to)Duties
- Perform product installations, commissioning, servicing and repairs at customers locations
- Provide technical and engineering support to customers both on-site and remotely via telephone and/or email communication to address enquiries and resolve.
- Coach, develop, manage and build knowledge of the service team to provide optimum customer services and support.
- Ensure all work and time is recorded appropriately on the required documentation
- Manage and co-ordinate service team activities and workloads supporting the Customer Service Technicians with resource identification and planning.
- Manage, execute and control resource requirements including recruitment, appraisals, development and disciplinary activities to unsure the correct levels are available with the required skills sets to meet the needs of the business.
- Develop, manage, execute and control short and long-term service strategy, objectives and KPI's.
- Develop, manage, execute and control service documentation ensuring it is available, adhered to and completed correctly by the service team.
- Agree, manage and control service budget and spend limits, taking appropriate action on adverse variances.
- Adhere to general housekeeping and 5S rules ensuring the team always maintain a clean, tidy and organized working environment.
- Attend functional and business meetings as required and support other departments in order to meet Company objectives
- 2-3 years' experience of working as a Field Service Manager in an industrial product manufacturing and supply environment.
- Proven management experience, supporting individual, team and organizational change, keeping the organization's vision, mission and values at the forefront of decision-making and action, willing to collaborate with others.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and engagement with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines, with flexible approach to working hours and a motivated team player.
- Process driven, detailed and solutions orientated, with experience of working in a formal, continuous improvement culture
- Strong effective decision making, organizational and time management skills and with a wide range of negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent logical reasoning, root cause analysis, deductive problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Good communication & IT skills
- Full, clean UK driving license
Hours: Monday to Friday: 7-4.30pm (45hrs/week) and 25 days holiday plus bank holidaysss Responsibilities