I am currently working on three opportunities available across North Yorkshire, for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
As Senior Accounting Technician you will provide support to the Accountants to prepare and deliver routine and non-routine management information. You will be responsible for contributing to the timely delivery of statutory statements of accounts. You will also undertake technical functions in the Finance department, including VAT, Treasury Management, Bank, Petty Cash, etc.As Senior Accounting Technician you will be responsible for:
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- To support, advise and coach managers in carrying out their financial and budget responsibilities.
- To contribute to the work of the development of the medium term financial plan.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and monitoring financial expenditure monthly. To assist managers on budgetary control issues.
- Ensure compliance with monthly management accounts timetable, including the production of variance analysis. To proactively monitor and promote compliance with Financial Regulations, Standing Orders and Policies.
- Assist the Management Accountant and the Head of Finance as required.
- To contribute to the supervision of Accounting Technician roles as means of progressing their own development.
- AAT qualified (level 4) or equivalent professional qualification
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and Word
- Analytical skills
- A proactive team worker
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Studying towards or willing to study towards a CCAB qualification is desirable but not essential.
To apply, please email an updated version of your CV to or alternatively apply online.