Clinical Applications System AdministratorTemporary Role:
Expected to last up to 6 months and maybe longerLocation:
£15.50 paye including holiday pay per hour or 17.80 Umbrella per hourWorking Days and Hours:
37.5 per week, covering on call - one in 5 weeksJob Summary:
- The role supports the business in the day to day system administration of Electronic Health Records Systems, and their constituent parts, processes and functions.
- To work closely with the CAST Team Leader to ensure that systems are stable, performing as expected, and configured to optimum effect within the trust.
- To participate as a member of the system administration team to deliver the requirements listed above; in particular:
o To support the day-to-day activities of clinical teams, and information consumers within the Trust
o To resolve issues raised by system users according to service level agreements
o To assist the identification of broad issues, best practice, and opportunities for further exploitation of the available technology.
o To liaise closely with the IT Service Desk, and other corporate functions, such as HR's Registration Authority, to resolve complex issues spanning responsibilities
o To liaise closely with supplier Service Desk and service management teams to ensure the trust achieve issue resolution in a timely manner.
o To take part in the CAST Out of Hours (24x7x365) rota performing 'urgent on call' services outside of the normal hours of operation for in-patient/extended hours services.
Qualifications or IT skills required:
- The job description and person specification are an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. The job holder will carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by their line manager.
- Good/ excellent Microsoft office skills
- Educated to A level or equivalent professional qualification
- ECDL Qualified
- Minimum 1-year working within a Healthcare environment.
- Minimum 1-year experience of supporting electronic health records.
- MS Office Suite
- Service management software
- Electronic Health Records Systems
- Knowledge of structured query language
- Communicate often complex, technical issues to non-technical users with clarity, verbally, at a distance, and in writing
- Ability to work autonomously, maintaining own motivation.
- Ability to work as part of a team making a positive contribution to the activities of the Service
- Personal attributes to include flexibility, enthusiasm resourcefulness and resilience
- Carenotes CH/MH trained
- Adastra trained
- Registration Authority trained
- Knowledge and understanding of project and programme management
- Knowledge of Community and Mental Health care provision.
- Project experience
- Training experience
- Experience of implementing change in the NHS