As a Maintenance Person for Maria Mallaband care group you will be part the care homes team and as such work with other staff to ensure the safety of all the Service Users, visitors and employees. The work can be both physically and mentally demanding. Predominately the job is about Health and Safety checks of the building, environment and equipment. It will also require you to go into residents rooms and being able to feel comfortable around people living with dementia.
This role will include some weekend work.
• The Maintenance Person will ideally hold relevant qualification or be willing to work towards one,
• Have an understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008.
• Able to demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise tasks and communicate effectively at all levels.
• Genuine interest in working in a care environment.
• Health and Safety checks of the buildings, environment and equipment.
• Have an understanding of and empathy with older people.
• Be able to take a lead where needed and also be a team player.
• And need to be able to work well on their own and manage their time effectively.
• Clean Driving License.
• Required to work in a Homely, Lively and Exciting environment.
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
• Training support and development opportunities
• 5.6 weeks annual leave
• Fully funded training
• Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
• Perkbox - a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
• Car through salary sacrifice
• Cycle to Work scheme
• NEST pension plan
• Nurse and carer referral scheme
• Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
• Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
*Apprenticeship opportunities available
"Maria Mallaband Care Group's main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of its residents and staff. We have therefore adopted a Group wide policy across all our Homes requiring all new staff to confirm they are willing to receive a [Covid-19] vaccine. Prior to commencing employment, the successful applicant will be required to confirm in writing that they are happy to consent to receiving a Covid Vaccine when available, in accordance with the Government's UK wide vaccination programme and that they are not aware of any reason why they would should not consent. We are happy to answer any queries any applicant might have about this policy."